Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wishing on this Wednesday…


Wishlist Wednesday is a book meme hosted by Pen to Paper Blog (a bookish blog you should totally check out) sharing books that you absolutely can’t wait to add to your shelf!
This month has been full of some really amazing releases so far. Like, there’s so many I’m completely lost on where to start on which one I want MOST. Curses!
But I think what I’m wishing on the most is . . .

ABOUT THIS BOOK: In his follow-up to the New York Times bestselling Every Day, David Levithan, co-author of bestsellers Will Grayson, Will Grayson and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, tells the based-on-true-events story of Harry and Craig, two 17-year-olds who are about to take part in a 32-hour marathon of kissing to set a new Guinness World Record—all of which is narrated by a Greek Chorus of the generation of gay men lost to AIDS. While the two increasingly dehydrated and sleep-deprived boys are locking lips, they become a focal point in the lives of other teen boys dealing with languishing long-term relationships, coming out, navigating gender identity, and falling deeper into the digital rabbit hole of gay hookup sites—all while the kissing former couple tries to figure out their own feelings for each other.
I actually won this early September courtesy of Random House’s Random Buzzers (though I have yet to receive it.) At first, while the story sounded absolutely adorable, I never really been interested in it. But somehow, I found myself navigating my way through a ton of David Levithan books lately (Nick and Nora’s Ultimate Playlist; Everyday; Will Grayson, Will Grayson etc. etc.) I didn’t really notice Two Boys Kissing was among them, and I somehow managed to completely brushed past it. I never actually read any direct LGBT books on my shelf, so I’m really ecstatic to add this on to my collection. Just the story itself and what it’s based on sounds inspiring and sweet-hearted, and I can’t wait to read either!

What’s on your wishlist this Wednesday? Love to here them. (: Share in comments? Thank you!

9 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this one, actually! It's great that you actually own one on your wishlist Wednesdays :) Enjoy!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I'm a day late. I have been on call at work this week. I have not heard of this one. I hope you get it soon!
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/wishlist-wednesday-67.html
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not really one that would interest me but I hope you enjoy it. I know he's gay but I wouldn't say no to snogging John Barrowman...he's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy this book! I've heard great things about it, and I love the daring cover. Also: you header is adorable. I don't remember you having the same one the last time I visited-did you change it recently? Either way, Disney movies are the best kind of movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
    Solitaire Hiranandani
    Hiranandani Cardinal
    Lake Enclave
    Rodas Enclave
    Piramal Vaikunth
    Aurelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your time and effort in writing this article are deeply appreciated. great work
    MBNR Height
    Signature splendour
    Beverly Woods Villa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly thank you for the work you put into writing this post ! Fantastic work
    projects in mumbai
    properties in pune
    projects in bangalore

    ReplyDelete